Monday, September 15, 2008

V-103/WAOK's For Sisters Only

This past Saturday, I attended V-103/WAOK's annual event, For Sisters Only. For those of you who are not familiar with the event, it's held at the Georgia World Congress Center and it's a great opportunity for companies to reach out to potential clients. Thousands of women and MEN come out to the event to check out the vendors and of course the hot music acts. This year, the line-up was quite impressive.... everyone from Ashanti to Ludacris, T.I. and EVEN a debuting Terrance Howard performed for a screaming audience! I caught a few of the acts on camera so check them out if you weren't there. All of the acts did a great job- just about the entire audience knew all of Ashanti's songs. Gorilla Zoe got up close and personal with the crowd. Ludacris had the crowd chanting,"Yes we can!", it was great!!! I think the biggest surprise was when Monica hit the stage and performed "Still Standing". I love that song, it's soo powerful and emotional.
The music acts weren't the only thing poppin' off! A couple of the cast members of Tyler Perry's hit TV show, House of Payne, made appearances. My daughter and I had the pleasure of meeting "Doc" who plays the funny Malik. I was a bit embarrassed, because when I saw him, it was as though I had seen him before, BUT I just couldn't put my finger on it! Has that ever happened to you? So silly me said, "Aren't you on one of those Disney shows?" My daughter corrected me and said, "No, mommy, House of Payne". So that was my "blond" moment for the day! LOL. Nonetheless, the young actor has got some great things going for him, a possible collabo with Disney in the future.. in the meantime he's teamed up with the fabulous program, It's Cool To Be Smart". So make certain that you guys keep your eyes on this actor who's set to rise to the top!
Speaking of actors, a couple of the kids from College Hill were also at For Sisters Only. Personally, I never watched the show, BUT I have interviewed Dorion before and I was strolling around with his publicist, Tahira, when we bumped into him and one of his co-stars, Shavon. I must say, they had alot of fans that were constantly stopping them. We decided to check out the AMBI booth area (which I might add, they had a really nice set up.) They were so nice to provide both Shavon and Dorion with some AMBI products. (I got some samples, which I have been using since Sunday and it actually works!)
I had a great time, my daughter wanted to go back on Sunday, but I was TIRED! I think the V-103/WAOK staff did a great job as usual pulling this event together. For any companies out there... you should definitely put this on your list of things to do next year. I will say though.. in order for you to be successful at this event, you MUST have a great presentation and offer something to all the thousands of people that come through!!! Check out my videos, check out the pics!! And see you next time!!
















No comments: