Monday, August 25, 2008

Eric Benet




A few weeks back, I was in the presence of R&B crooner, Eric Benet. To be honest with you, I have never been an Eric Benet fan, never bought an album and never thought twice about his songs. HOWEVER, I do plan to buy his forthcoming cd, Love and Life, which will be available September 9th. So why this album? From the 4 songs I heard I already know this album is positioned to top the R&B charts. His first single, "The Only One" is hot, it takes you back to when R&B was really R&B.. no some r&b mixed with rap or someone using an autotune to synthesize their voice. This is Eric's 4th album and this go around the label gave him complete control! Sound farfetched for a major label to do?? Well this album shows what happens when you give the artist complete control! Now Eric's 2nd single, "The Hunger", was a sexually charged song.. but hey... it is coming from Mr. Benet! One of the favorites (it received the loudest applause) was a song titled, "Chocolate Legs". The song has a catchy hook, wrap your chocolate legs around me. The song is great and is destined to be a hit! Too bad my leg are more like peanut buttery... but I guess wrap your peanut butter legs around me doesn't sound quite as catchy... LOL! I had posted this on my sister site, urbanrunwaytv.com a couple weeks ago.. but recently some video surfaced on youtube featuring Eric and his daughter. I just thought it was super cute for them to "perform" together. Check it out for yourself!
That's it for now!


No comments: